Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Take three...

Well the "Tips of the Week" failed pretty miserably eh?  Last blog post was almost a year ago.  That is pretty weak.

At the gentle, friendly, constructive encouragement of my younger brother, I have decided to try yet again to maintain a somewhat regular blog.  If the last year is any indication, writing a blog entry every week for the sake of writing a blog every week probably isn't going to happen.  And its better that way, because if I write only when I'm compelled to, I'll write better entries anyway.

So what has happened since my last blog post?  Here is a list, in (attempted) chronological order, of things that have happened, most of which I won't elaborate on enough to show how significant they were:


  • I went full-time at Push to Walk, and eventually became the Program Director.  I still LOVE my job and couldn't imagine doing anything better.  I am now living the new American dream (I got a job after college.)
  • I got engaged to my girlfriend of almost (at the time) two years, Mary.  I still don't know how I got lucky enough to have her in my life.  Every day with her is a blessing and I'm looking forward to spending my life with her.  You can read more about us at www.sutorfamily.com.
  • I drove my new fiance insane with my obsessive following of the throwing events at the Olympics.
  • I went to the Working 2 Walk conference in California, the annual conference that promotes advocacy and research for a cure for spinal cord injuries.  I got even more out of it than I did the previous year in Baltimore, made some new friends, and got tons of new information.  It reaffirmed my current passion for being a soldier in the movement to cure spinal cord injuries.
  • I designed (with help from others at Push to Walk) a new system to evaluate the strength of our clients, and received approval from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of William Paterson University to have their help and oversight as I investigate the reliability of our new system.  Hopefully this is the first of many studies that will come out of Push to Walk!
I'll cut myself off there for now.  I want to write a blog about the current research project we have coming up at P2W as well as other things going on at work, but if I write it now I'll just incoherently ramble on forever and nobody will read the whole thing.  So until then, I'm goin' for a walk...

No comments:

Post a Comment