Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Just travelling together..."

Well, to be honest, nothing really happened on Monday, the 5th day of our journey.  We just drove.  But luckily, the drive was through Montana.  The scenery and views were out of this world.  The mountains were incredible.  I drove for most of yesterday, so I didn't get to take a lot of pictures, but here are some that I did snap...

Coach got some more pictures, so you'll get to see those on facebook once they're up.

Other than that, it was just driving!  Lots of great scenery in Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon, but we didn't really stop or see anything too interesting.  We arrived in Portland, got us a motel, and went to sleep.

Things I didn't know/had never done before:
Not even much here except a beer update.  I tried two new beers tonight:
Henry Weihnard's Blue Boar Pale Ale, and Widmer Brothers Hefewiezen.  The Blue Boar Pale Ale wasn't bad, but I'm normally not an "Ale" guy and this one proved to be to ale-y for my liking.  The Widmer Brothers, however, was a Hefewiezen, which you can never go wrong with.  Especially if you're on a trip to see some world class track and field :)

Coach's Quotes of the Day:
-First thing in the morning, we were deciding where to go for breakfast:
Coach: "Well, there's a McDonalds down the road, or the restaurant right next to the hotel, your choice."
Me: "I want an actual breakfast, lets just go to the restaurant."
Coach: "No McDonalds breakfast today Tom?...Oh, I get it, you want some girl to take your order, prepare your food, and wait on you hand and foot...you want to be married!  Well, I got news for you, it doesn't work like that."

-Checking out of the hotel - this one isn't by coach, but it leads into one of his:
Woman working the desk: "You boys together?"
Me: "TRAVELLING together, yeah."
...so later at breakfast, the hostess brought us to a table...
Coach:  "Is this cozy corner table ok with you Tom?  We can sit across from eachother, stare into eachother's eyes and develop our relationship."
Me: "Once again, we're just travelling together coach."

-Listening to Bruce Springsteen on the radio:
Coach:  "I was watching one of his concerts on TV once, and I thought 'Geez, there are a lot of old people in the crowd!  Why are there so many freaking old people in the crowd?'  Then I realized, I am one."

-On working security for Southside Jonny when he was going to college:
Coach: "So my one friend, who was a huge country music fan and never heard of Southside Jonny or knew who he was or anything, was given backstage duty.  The concert manager told him to not let anybody back there without a pass, no matter what.  So, Southside Jonny comes in, but he doesn't have  pass, so my friend won't let him back stage!  Southside Jonny says 'Do you know who I am?'  My friend said 'I don't give a (*&^ who you are, you're not getting back stage without a pass.'  So Southside Jonny is all pissed, he goes back on the bus, his manager comes out and explains who he is.  So during the show that night, my friend and I are working right in front of the stage, and Southside Jonny sees us, and he starts swinging his mic around in a circle, pretty close to our heads.  At first we thought it was part of the act, but then we realized, he was trying to hit my friend.  So after the song is done, in the middle of the show, my friend looks up at Southside Jonny and says 'If you hit me with that microphone, I'll come up on stage and rip your $&*%^#$ leg off.'"


No comments:

Post a Comment