Monday, June 20, 2011

"That's why you buy bourbon..."

A quick update. Day 3... We left South Dakota, stopping at Mt. Rushmore along the way. We made our way to Greybull, Wyoming where we camped for the night ($62 for two sleeping bags and a two person tent...thank you walmart). For the first time in my life, I saw snowcapped mountains. It's June and it was 55 degrees when we entered Wyoming.

Its day 4, and I'm writing this from coach's iPad in a Mcdonalds in Cody, Wyoming. Elevation 5106 feet. On the way here I saw an antelope, and even bigger snowcapped mountains - the Rockies themselves. We're going to spend the day in Yellowstone and camp there for the night.

Since we're staing in Yellowstone, I likely won't be blogging again until Wednesday, when we arrive in Portland, Oregon. Despite wifi hotelier for Internet and all that, I'm not going to plug in my laptop and sit on my butt blogging while I have geysers, hot springs, mountains, buffalo, bears, and antelope to look at. I'll be taking plenty of pictures and will provide full day-by-day summaries once we're back to civilization, but until then, I'm enjoying Yellowstone. I'm not going to behave like a yuppie or 21st century brat - I'm going to enjoy one of the most spectacular national parks our country has to offer.

If you do want more up-to-date coverage, go to www.YouTube.com/jimdahammer for constant video blog updates.

Also, here's a coach quote of the day to leave you with:
Coach: "It won't be a big deal if we get to Yellowstone late, all we'll do is set up and go to sleep, it's not like we'll make lots of noise."
Me : "Depending on how much beer we bring...but they probably don't allow alcohol in National parks."
Coach: "They don't...that's why you buy bourbon, it's easier to sneak in."

That's all for now forks...

No comments:

Post a Comment